Home > Camping > Tour and Activity Plan FAQ's

Tour and Activity Plan FAQ's

Online Tour and Activity Plan FAQ's


ALL Units are required to follow the recommended National and Local Council Tour Plan Guidelines for submitting plans to their local council as follows: 

  • Trips of 500 miles or more; or
  • Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council-owned property); or
  • Trips to Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier, Philmont Scout Ranch, Summit Bechtel Reserve (you will be asked to present a copy of your tour and activity plan upon arrival), National Scout Jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, or a regionally sponsored event; or
  • When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
  •      Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
  •      Climbing and rappelling
  •      Orientation flights (process flying plan)
  •      Shooting sports
  •      Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, atv's,  boating, etc.)


Additionally, the Western Colorado Council requires a plan to be submitted for the following:

  • Any trip over 72 hours; or
  • Council or District Events (if requested); or
  • Any Cub Scout overnight camping.


The Online Tour and Activity Plan portal can be found on our homepage menu or under Unit Tools when you login to your MyScouting.org account.


If you have any questions on when to submit an Online Tour and Activity Plan, please contact this council for answers.