SOAR to New Heights on Staff at Scout Camp
Are you tired of doing the same old summer routine? Take on an adventure this summer as a part of the camp staff for the Western Colorado Council camp SOAR. We offer paid staff positions to individuals who are 16 years of age and up as well as the opportunity to participate in our Counselor in Training program (CIT) for those who are 14 or 15 years of age. The Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer that hires both females and males, as well as people of all ages and ethnic groups, diverse cultures, and mixed abilities. For more information about the camp, visit www.bsasoar.com.
Reasons You Should Apply for a Camp Staff Job:
- Make a lot of new friends in your area and other states.
- Spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails.
- Acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills.
- Be part of an effective team.
- Learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills.
- Undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well.
- Work with youth and adults of all ages.
- Serve others.
- Give something back.
- Live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
- Be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun.
- Be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits.
Each year, the Western Colorado Council invites Scouts and Scout leaders to spend the summer as a part of camp staff. The days are long and hard. But the experience and what you see and do can be an exciting time of your life. Working on camp staff is a great opportunity to spend your days outdoors, and earn a salary at the same time. Spend your days teaching Scouts various scout skills and advancements, and relaxing with them in the evenings as you sit around a campfire telling stories and watching skits. Staff members will have the opportunity to spend the week leading up to camp (June 4-June 11) at a staff training week at SOAR.
We are now hiring staff ages 14+ for a variety of jobs including Merit Badge Instructors, Climbing Director and Instructors, Shooting Sports Instructors, Aquatics Director and Instructors, Counselors in Training for all areas of camp, Commissioners, Kitchen Staff, Health Officer, Area Directors in Outdoor Skills, Trail to First Class, Ecology/Handicraft, and more!
More Information For Camp Staff
Interviews for camp staff will be coordinated individually upon reception of staff applications. For more information about being on staff check out the Staff Guidebook.
Returning staff, submit your application and get a friend (not including returning staff) to submit an application and get hired for an opportunity to your staff gear free (includes staff hat, activity t-shirt, polo, and friday t-shirt)! Contact Eleanor Anderson with any questions.
Questions about camp? Contact Eleanor Anderson, Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.243.0346.